Saturday, January 29, 2011

spoon snob

A week ago at this time I was worried my child would never learn to eat using utensils. He never had, and if I set a spoon down in front of him, he rarely even picked it up. But if he did, he's smack himself in the head with  it. That's funny huh?

Now I just spent 10 minutes with Tommy sitting in his high chair boycotting his breakfast (banana chunks) because he wanted it on a spoon.

Since he wasn't eating the banana, I made some oatmeal, and tried to feed it to him, but he wouldn't let me. I put a glob of oatmeal on a spoon and left it on his tray and he picked it up and put it in his mouth like a pro.


Now we have two spoons and I fill them up and line them up and he eats and hands the spoon back to me for a refill.


And I just realized for the first time that he's probably right handed. He's never been handed before.

Speaking of growing up, did you notice when his feet started dangling past the seat of the chair? Me neither - but they certainly do now.


1 comment:

  1. This makes me excited!! I'm not sure why, I'm just excited that he's growing and getting bigger and is "handed"!

    ReplyDelete

Share |