Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 13 - Bag Lady

Day 13 - A description of what's currently in your handbag, purse, diaper bag:

I give you My Purse:



The contents of my purse is pretty standard, and rarely changes.

Camera - because my life is totally that photo-worthy.

The man wallet. Yes, I have the man-wallet. Because I can't fit a lady-wallet in my purse. But I have a beautiful leather one that I'll use as soon as I graduate to an old-lady bag.

Hand sanitizer and lotion are essentials. Because my life is totally that gross (hand sanitizer) and dry (lotion). But to be honest these haven't needed to be replaced in more than a year, so....probably not really as essential as I think they are.

Toiletries - I always have a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, tweezers, mascara, nail file, nail clippers, a bobby pin, and a twistie because they are just the kind of emergency items that a girl's gotta have. Also if I ever get stranded on an island, I feel confident that these items will get me off (if Josh is around).
Also, apparently I thought I needed an emergency lipstick, but I've never used it. So I just threw it away.

The mirror is for contact emergencies. But I don't have contacts. So...mostly it's a toy for Tommy.
The single wet wipe does get used and replaced on a relatively regular basis.

Also there is an assortment of pens, gum wrappers, coins and a movie stub.

The diaper bag is much more fun. In addition to diapers, wipes, a change of clothes for Bubbah (accompanied by bathing supplies), and snacks "for Bubbah"; I always pack a book or two for him, one for me (Miss Julia today), a ball, stacking cups, a truck, a train, a stuffed creature (there are many to choose from) and a deck of cards.

If I got stranded on an island with the diaper bag I won't be bored. At not least long enough for Josh to use the bobby pin and tweezers to get me off the island.

2 comments:

  1. Your purse looks pretty put together! This would be scary if it were mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I ever get stranded anywhere, I hope it's with you. I used to carry all that kind of stuff. Now I'm just grateful to get out the door with my phone and my driver's license. Because that's all I can remember.

    ReplyDelete

Share |