Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'd like to thank the little people....


I don't usually win things. So I'm excited to show you what I won today!


This award is from my friend Noelle who only ever says nice things about me. That's just one reason we're friends.



I don't think she can even read my blog (something about it killing her internet...her computer hates me.....she has to wash her hair that night....she "already has plans but can't remember what they are"......) I'm not really sure what the deal is, but she loves me and gives me prizes anyway. Nice huh?


With this award I'm supposed to answer the following questions and then pass it on to 5 other blogs. 


Here's the thing. I currently subscribe to 142 blogs. And I read them all. Every post. Every time. Are you freaked out yet? I'm watching you...... That's not counting the private blogs that I can't subscribe to and that I have to go check manually. 


So picking just 5 is hard for me. It's only like 3% of the blogs I faithfully read. That's not counting the ones I read when I'm bored and just feel like stalking someone. 


First I get to answer the questions while I think about this very serious decision.


Where is your cell phone? Josh just brought it to me from my purse because someone was calling. From a number I don't know. I didn't answer. It will probably sit right here on this desk for the next 2 days because it sat in my purse for the last 2 days. Completely unused. I'm bad at phones.
Your hair? Wait, where is my hair? On top of my head. Just something about my hair? Brown. I think if I put "where is" in front of all these questions it will be a stupid survey. I'm just going with the "something about" version. "Brown" is always a better answer.
Your mother? Brilliant. All knowing. Supportive.
Your father? Kind. Patient. Understanding. MINE.
Your favorite food? Pasta.
Your dream last night? It had to do with nursing and the hospital and something about a field of corn. I can't quite put it all together right now.
Your favorite drink? I drink water more than anything else, but if I'm going for something sweet, I love flavored lemonades.
Your dream/goal? To survive labor.
What room are you in? The living room.
Your hobby? I kinda don't have a hobby. I read, I blog-stalk, I blog.....
Your fear? Not being good enough
Where do you want to be in 6 years? In my living room with my babies (some of whom are old now) and my husband living happily ever after.
Where were you last night? In my room, pouting.
Something you aren't? Ready.
Muffins? OK Thanks.
Wish list item? A full night's sleep.
Where did you grow up? Lindon
Last thing you did? Peed my pants. Seriously, I stood up from the computer to get my camera and peed my pants. Or maybe my water broke. Or maybe that mucus thing happened. Or maybe I'm having the baby right now...must. continue. survey.....
What are you wearing? Clean clothes. Because I peed my pants.
Your TV? Not on....yet.
Your pets? Don't exist.
Your friends? Supportive, kind, interested, generous, GOOD.
Your life? Better together.
Your mood? Nervous....anxious...did my water just break? probably not. Did that mucus thing happen? The more I think about it the more I'm sure of it. Is that a contraction? Wait, it doesn't hurt...this can't be real. Am I having a baby soon?
Missing someone? Not particularly.
Vehicle? Red.
Something you're not wearing? Nylons, makeup, shoes, earrings....
Your favorite store? Target
Your favorite color? Blue. I've always said blue but I really might not have a favorite color....I'm not sure.
When was the last time you laughed? 10 minutes ago.
Last time you cried? Lunch
Your best friend? And handsome handsome hubby is named Josh.
One place that I go over and over? Dr. Man's office. Work. The kitchen.
One person who emails me regularly? Babycenter. Wanna know about Cord Blood Banking? Me neither.
Favorite place to eat? Olive Garden.



Now I pass this award on to the following people whose blogs I always love to read.

  1. Nancy. She's cool and adventurous (she lives in Egypt!) and her child is a genius and she's going to have a baby like me. Those are good reasons to love her. But my favorite reason to give her this award is that we've never met, but she blogs so well that I feel like we've been friends forever. Also because she makes me laugh out loud which is why I started stalking her in the first place.
  2. Katy. We've met. Lots. She's my sister and also one of the funniest people I know. Plus her kid is freakin' adorable. Also I think we're getting to be more and more alike - I hope it's because I'm turning into her, not the other way around.
  3. Aubrie. She makes as many lists as I do. She's as painfully honest as I am and she makes me feel less crazy. Plus she's nice, normal, down to earth, and genuinely good. You should read her stuff.
  4. Aundrea. What do you say about a person who spends more time with you than anyone else and somehow still manages to love you as much as anyone else? She is truly an angel. And she happens to be an excellent writer.
  5. Stick. She takes beautiful pictures of her beautiful children and she constantly makes me jealous of her life. She never complains, never has anything bad to say about anyone, and is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Or read. Whatever.
And with that, I'd like to thank the little people (hey, when you're this big everybody is "little people"), and my mom, and "the fans", and your mom, and the publishers, and the voters, and.........[picture me being dragged off the stage and now you know why I'm not famous. I talk too much and I'm kindof annoying.]


Now, if you'll excuse me I need to find out what exactly is happening with the child inside me. "BABY THOMAS!!! ARE YOU COMING OUT NOW?"

7 comments:

  1. WOOOOOHOOOOO! Exciting! Lori just emailed me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my fingers crossed the whole time I was reading this and Yay! You picked me!!!! I think it was really important that you kept blogging after your water broke too. I can't wait to meet Thomas!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying you're going to be posting as soon as he comes cause I WANNA SEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wha'!? You're having your baby? Now?

    That IS exciting. I won't even use any words to describe my jealousy.

    But thanks for the award. You're sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy...! Amy. you're having your baby right now? And you kept right on blogging? There are so many things that I love about you, but that's DEFINITELY going on the list! I hope it went well. Can't wait to see the pictures. And yes, I'm crying right now just thinking about it. Good luck! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy smurf! You read 142+ blogs? I sure hope I'm one of them. Ü

    And I might have to check out Nancy's blog if she makes you laugh. Ü ('cause I think you're so funny. I wasn't sure if that came across in the comment or if I needed to clarify. I chose to clarify, just in case...)

    ReplyDelete

Share |