Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Change of Plans (again)

Remember how before Josh told The Boss that he couldn't work full time he asked The Boss if there was any possibility of him going part-time? And remember how The Boss said "no. they won't let us have a part-time you"? Well, that's what happened.

So when Josh told The Boss that he couldn't do both and he'd be quitting before the semester The Boss said "We'll really miss you because you're such a great guy" which is always nice to hear. But then last week The Boss said "Listen. We need you. We can't replace you (hiring freeze) and wondered if you'd be willing to stay on at least until you get your bonus (in February/March) at just 30 hours/week which you can work anytime day or night and you won't be on call except on the weekends, plus you get to keep your benefits, car, and position if you decide to work between semesters."

Josh thought about it.

I thought about it.

We talked about it.

And yesterday he accepted that offer - on the condition that he doesn't have to work during the first 2 weeks of the semester which are hell-weeks orientation weeks and he can quit anytime he wants if they're killing him.

If I'm being 100% honest I'm relieved beyond belief. I'm thrilled because it looks doable even with 4-6 hours of study time every day. I'm stoked that they love Josh that much because they're pretty much bending over backward to keep him. I'm excited that he thinks he can do it. I'm certain that offers like this only come when you put in 5 years of being an excellent employee and PAY YOUR TITHING. And I'm terrified that it's going to send him over the edge.

This semester has been rough on him (and me by extension) and I'm afraid that it's going to do him in. I know that he can put in long days, but if he fries his brain over a DVD rental, I will cry.

So I'm terrified. And relieved. And I'm not doing backflips so that he knows if it's horrible he can quit.

So yay hooray! Prayers answered. Decision made. And all social plans currently put on hold.

5 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful! And yet it will be completely crazy! It will be hard, but work out ok!! I'm not too far away if YOU ever need to talk or make social plans for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you get to see the people you love blessed by Heavenly Father and see his perfect plan of happiness in action. It just gives me spiritual warm fuzzies all over! I'm so happy for you guys. I just love you to pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! That is awesome Fugal. :) I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad things worked out...kinda scary I'm sure for a bit though. Keep praying and paying your tithing and it'll all work out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Yay! Yay-yay-yay-yay-yay! SO glad to hear that there is a plan that sounds like it will (hopefully) work for at least a little while. I'm praying for you and Tommy and Josh that it will all work out and that you all survive this next little while.

    ReplyDelete

Share |