Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tommy Goes To Temple Square

On Monday I dragged us all downtown and proceeded to insist that we HAVE FUN RIGHT NOW!!!

While I won't say it was the best night ever (it sortof sucked.....) the pictures would suggest otherwise.

Tommy started off in the stroller - no problem. Properly bundled and ready for action.

That lasted almost 3 minutes, and he was ready to get out and move.

Until he was tired and needed a ride.

At which point playing in the water seemed like a good idea. And it was. Tommy was happier playing in the freezing water than at any other point during the evening.

The lights were breathtaking. All the grounds workers really outdid themselves this year.

We (Josh) stopped a stranger and asked her to take our picture. I'm too chicken to do that, but I'm glad Josh isn't. Look how cute we are!

Tommy would cry and cry and cry until Josh showed him something cool. "Look at these lights Tommy! Lookit how they shine!" he'd say.

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to touch the lights, but Tommy can get away with pretty much anything these days.

"Here come the Shepherds" explains dad "they want to see the baby Jesus. We want to see it too, but there are too many people over there, so we'll just look at the Shepherds instead. Okay?"


We spent the majority of the evening chasing Tommy around and arguing about how to properly "do" the lights. It has since been brought to my attention that because I am "tightly wound" I ruined the evening and it was nobody's fault but my own. I still say my plan was better....but the boys seemed to have more fun, so I suppose they did it right.

After the lights I stormed off to Maverik in search of a donut so I could eat donuts, drink hot chocolate, watch a Christmas movie and pretend the evening was a successful celebration of Christmas.

And for those of you who haven't yet seen Tommy's mad walking skills - check him out at the Joseph Smith Building! My baby's a genius right?



6 comments:

  1. I am freezing just looking at those pictures. And yes, Tommy is a genius. Also, I am pretty sure that is about 20 times more steps in a row than Taege has ever taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am too tightly wound too! After struggling to make beautiful memories with now 3 kids, I go right to the expecting the worst and don't even think I might enjoy something before it starts. Its terrible. Someday I would like to let go of that part of myself, but I doubt it will happen. But you can think of it this way, without you would you have even gone to Temple Square to see the lights? See, you still make the magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. genius....yes! Yall look like you had fun making the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, oh man I miss you. I just need to start visiting you monthly again. You can always make me laugh. And yes, your baby IS a genius and SOOO stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these sorts of family activities when I insist we all have fun no matter what. I think I did that a little during our Temple Square trip this year. But it was our moody preteen worried that she wasn't going to get enough for Christmas that spoiled potential fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had fun. He's a crazy good walker!!

    ReplyDelete

Share |