Monday, December 6, 2010

A long week.

Wednesday morning I woke up not feeling very well, but I got up, went to the gym anyway, sat my butt on the recumbent bike and put in my time with Jess. I suspected the "not feeling well" was simply because I started taking a blood sugar medication.

I came home and spent the rest of the day on the couch.

Thursday repeat - but I didn't manage to make it to the bike.

Friday repeat - but I didn't manage to make it to the the couch.

Friday night I puked 9 times in 12 hours. Josh hid my pills.

Saturday repeat - without the getting up. Seriously. I think I was in and out of sleep all day long, I didn't eat anything, and I never did get out of my pajamas.

Sunday repeat - add the couch back in.

Poor Tommy has been more than a bit neglected for the past few days. You'd be horrified if you saw the things I didn't do for him.

Fortunately (for both of us) Josh thinks we're important and spent a lot of time at home nursing me back to health and making sure Tommy didn't starve or kill himself.

Today I'm feeling almost back to normal and I think Tommy is having Mommy overload. We read stories, played with toys and giggled until neither of us could breathe. I let him help with the laundry and

I think he's probably scared of the new psycho-crazed attention-giving mommy, but whatever. He'll love me again in a few minutes.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've been sick, but I am glad you're feeling better!! As is Tommy I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I'm glad you're feeling better! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is horrible! So was it a virus or is it the blood sugar medication, or do you even know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No clue what it was. But I'm not allowed to take the drugs anymore because Josh has exactly 0 available hours to stay home and take care of us again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you pregnant? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hardee har har har Noelle. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUCK! i think it's going around and i'm just praying none of us get it since max has been on and off sick since october. :( booooo!
    hope you have a speedy speedy full recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Share |