Thursday, December 30, 2010

As Good As It Gets

There comes a point in every day where I declare that I am as ready as I'm getting.

The timing for this declaration is a bit tricky, because while it takes me all day to get ready, my looks also start to deteriorate as soon as I start rolling around on the floor with Tommy. There is a tiny moment where I look as good as I'm gonna look, and I'm constantly trying to declare myself "ready" at that exact moment.

But there are some (err....plenty) days in which I just have to give it up and realize that while it's not the best I've looked, it's going to have to do for the day. I'm really not going to get around to getting "ready" at all.

Today that moment is now (11:20) and it is because someone from church is coming to my home to pick up a key. So, I changed out of my pajamas, pulled my hair back in a ponytail, threw on Josh's redbox hat and admitted that I'm really not getting ready today.

Without that call, I probably wouldn't have figured it out until 5 when Josh comes home and I was still in my pajamas.

2 comments:

  1. I think there are plenty of Mom's out there who can relate. I make an effort to at least get out of my PJ's before my husband gets home from work. Some days even that doesn't get accomplished. Thank goodness for understanding husbands, and kids that couldn't care less what Mommy looks like as long as they know she loves them and spends time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I went to help set up for something and later when I came back for the thing I was told that I clean up well. Oh well, I glad to hear that I am not the only woman living in Utah that doesn't put make-up on and do her hair all fancy everyday. Other places we've lived I know other moms don't because we always see each other in the stores un made up.

    ReplyDelete

Share |