Thursday, December 16, 2010

Leaping in Faith

At the beginning of this semester we had no idea how we were going to pay for school. We had been denied any financial aid from the government, we had a bit of money locked in savings that we didn't feel like we could use and tuition was due within the first week of school.

Money had been tight since I stopped working and Tommy started eating and pooping cold hard cash. Josh had books, supplies, fees and tuition to pay for all of which would cost us a significant sum.

He was going to continue working through the semester, which meant a lot of long days and not being the best at anything.

But, we felt like he needed to be in school, so he registered and figured that some way, some how we'd be able to pay for it. So, we paid our tithing and moved on.

2 days before school started we still had no idea how we were going to pay for it, but we had faith and 7 days to make it happen.

The day before classes he got a large sum of money from an anonymous donor who wanted to help out. Then he got a notice from the financial aid office that said they were going to give him a grant and a loan for another large sum of money. Then he had a few people schedule massages and he was able to earn a bit more money.

Seriously.

Money just started showing up in our mailbox. Faster than we could deposit it.

And suddenly tuition and fees were paid, books and supplies were purchased, and we were going to survive the semester.

If you don't believe in it, I know this will sound crazy, but because we paid our tithing all these things worked out and we were also able to pay for school.

Having leaped in faith before, I know that although Josh won't be working this semester, and I won't be leaving the home to work, and we'll have nowhere near enough money coming in, we'll be OK. Because I've leaped before.

11 comments:

  1. I seriously LOVE YOU! You are so inspiring and amazing, and TOTALLY RIGHT! He always provides a way. P.S. yesterday I was walking on Temple square and we saw the Falcon... and I thought of you and I thought... Oh... I wish I were Amy right now so she could see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Fugal...that is just awesome. Isn't it nice to know that we have a loving Heavenly Father?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obedience is greater than sacrifice! Isn't life great? Even amongst all of our TRIALS our Heavenly Father sends wonderful people into our lives and He continues to shower blessings upon us! Good job! You're AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gospel! We are so very blessed! What faith to just jump, you are very inspiring.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to put your trust in God. :) Thanks for sharing your story. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so true. It always amazes me how well we are taken care of when we keep the commandments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this post. I needed to read it. Even though I have leaped before, constant leaping causes weariness. So it helped to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this! Thank you for sharing your testimony with all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this makes me teary. and happy. you are so inspiring amy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe it! My husband and I could never give God back what he has blessed us with. We tithe, first check that gets wrote when we get paid. He always provides.

    ReplyDelete

Share |