Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Best

One of the best things about being a Mormon is that people just randomly show up with full-blown meals at my door without even being asked.

One of the best things about those meals is that they are always good. It's possible that this is not the case everywhere, but our delicious-to-meal record is 3 for 3. Seriously, move into my neighborhood, you won't be sorry. I now have 3 new recipes of things that both of my eating boys like enough to lick their plates.

One of the best things about licked plates is not rinsing before the dishwasher.

One of the best things about the dishwasher is that it's currently not my job. Because my job is to nurse John.

One of the best things about breastfeeding is that it trumps all other jobs. Every. Single. Time.
"Sorry, I can't do the dishes, Johnny's hungry."
"The laundry needs to be changed and I'm feeding John"
"The house is on fire, can you carry me? Little John is eating right now."

There are loads of good things that come with a new baby, these are just a few of the best.

3 comments:

  1. This is so very true! I am probably a bad person because I may or may not accidentally sometimes abuse the power a little but.... Like if Dax kinda falls asleep nursing and I don't want to move yet so it still looks kinda like he is nursing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Amy! YOU are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it...true, it is a job that YOU and ONLY you can do which means everything else CAN and SHOULD go to someone else!

    ReplyDelete

Share |