Sunday, September 16, 2007

Why to marry an RM

There are plenty of advantages to marrying a returned missionary: he knows how to do some essential household chores, laundry and cooking Ramen; he has a testimony; he can teach me stuff, how to talk to strangers, why we read Issiah, what Oregon looks like in the rain; he has reasonably good manners; but most importantly I inherited his Sunday music collection.

We've been married over a year and there are still Sunday CDs that are unknown to me. So, this morning I thought I'd broaden my horizons and listen to some new ones. I throw in Michael McLean and track 4 turns out to be "Homeless" from the Forgotten Carols. That was officially the beginning of this Christmas Season.

That's right, it's September 16, and I am full on listening to Christmas music now. It's official, the season has started and I am lovin' every minute of it. Josh had a companion on the mission that only listened to Christmas Sunday music, so he's OK with starting Christmas in September. And I'm glad because today I'm ready for it.

I just barely cleaned the canned snow off my front window from last year (thanks for noticing Jamie!) and I'm ready to put it back up. Mom-Reilley has started asking what we want for Christmas, and the Fugals already drew names. So it's on. I'm not holding back anymore, I'll have the "light of the world" tree up by Thanksgiving. That's for sure!

Happy Holidays everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just tell you how happy I am that you didn't get rid of that tree and are going to put it up. Christmas just wouldn't be the same if you didn't put it up :) Yay for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share |