Friday, April 23, 2010

Twas the Night Before 5K

If I were as talented as my mother I'd write an incredibly witty parody, but I'm not.

Instead I'll just say this. I'm oddly nervous.

And already embarrassed. Embarrassed at how slow I am, and embarrassed that this is such a big deal for me.

5K is the distance real runners count as "halfway through the warmup".

For me this is something that will feel like some big accomplishment at the end. It's something I actually "trained" for. It's something that I'm making Josh come to watch me finish because I want him to be as proud of me as I'll be when it's over.

So, even though it's lame to admit it: it is a big deal, I'm nervous, I'm proud, I'm embarrassed, I'm paranoid, and I'm surprisingly excited.

8 comments:

  1. I for one agree that doing a 5k is a big deal. I've never run one... I don't even make it around the block (and that's not due to pregnancy), so if I were running one, you'd better believe it would be a big deal! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great! You should be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's awesome! I'm about as non-athletic as they come and I find even a 5k impressive. Good luck and have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll do great Amy! At least you're running it:)
    I will be there cheering and possibly making pancakes because I'm a wimp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey I checked my list for tomorrow and you weren't on it. Hop online and make sure you're registered if you remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is TOTALLY how i felt last summer when i ran my first 5K. it was and exhilarating experience. i can't wait to hear about it! have fun and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got there late, you must have left before I go there. How'd it go?

    ReplyDelete

Share |