Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The thunder rolls

Our windows have been open for about a week now. And every once in a while we catch a whiff of the smells of summer. Some are pleasant (neighbor's barbecue, cut grass). Some are not (sweat, 4-wheelers).

Today the thunder rolls, and the lightning strikes, (duh duh dun!!!) and I'm catching whiffs of springtime. Wet cement. Worms. Clouds (yes they have a smell). 

And I gotta say: spring smells much much better than summertime. (Until of course the smells of summer include chlorine, then we'll talk again.)

*I go to label posts like these and always start to type the word "weather" and then I realize that I flat-out refuse to make a label called "weather" because how lame am I to post about the weather? Pretty dang. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you! The windows have been open at our house too and I just can't get enough of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for spring. Ohhhhh I can't wait til you take Thomas swimming! Have you already? Let's all swim together. They love it!

    ReplyDelete

Share |