Friday, April 16, 2010

Survival

I've been dreading the first Baby Illness for exactly 6 months and 5 days.

Now it's over and it wasn't as bad as I expected.

Yes there was excesssive screaming.

No there wasn't a thing I could do.

Yes the thermometer read 101.5

No wasn't supposed to worry (shots...remember?).

Yesterday when Thomas woke up from his nap, I picked him up, kissed his head and just about did an overjoyed backflip (Which by the way is totally different from a regular old boring backflip. I know because I can't do a regular backflip, but overjoyed? Yes, please.) when my lips didn't immediately light on fire caused by the heat radiating from his noggin.

So now that we're through being sick, I'm ready to conquer the world* again.

*Unless "conquering the world" involves some form of work...if it does, I'd rather sit on the love sac and catch up on really great tv.

4 comments:

  1. Amy I totally love your blog!! I found it somehow in my stalking and you've cracked me up almost everyday since. Glad your little guy is feeling better. Sick kids = no fun (This is Emily used to be Moore by the way... remember our days in FBLA... oh my)

    ReplyDelete
  2. not to sound like a total whiner but try doing shots with two screaming babies by yourself. It's sad and impossible. Then there's two fevers and two kids that want attention. Pretty much awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad he's finished with sick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad he is feeling better! Poor kid. He has no idea how lucky he is.

    ReplyDelete

Share |