Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Eggs

Today we colored easter eggs. The reasons this was significant are as follows:

1) I did not boycott the holiday or spend it being lame. But I do claim to be an "egg dye purist" as in I did NOT buy glitter, stickers, or even get out the crayons. Yes, I know that makes me a little lame, but I can still get away with that because my child was busy during the entire event.

2) Josh insisted on making his signature poo colored egg. 

3) Did you notice that Thomas fed himself while we dyed eggs? That's what we call significant.
4) Thomas' medicine dropper was used for the first time in more than a month.

5) We took a family picture WITH the decorated eggs. This is what we call "Reilley-style"
*

We call it "Reilley-style" because every Easter picture with Josh's family must include the eggs. Josh's grandma boils 1 dozen eggs FOR EVERY PERSON to decorate. She's an overachiever.

So there you have it. A significant holiday experience in the Egbert family. 

*Yes I know there are only 11 eggs, and what self-respecting crazy-person admits to only decorating 11 eggs when that number is divisible neither by 2 nor 3? One of them cracked. Josh ate it before we dyed them. That egg is not pictured. You're welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Significant indeed! I was SO excited when Ellie figured out how to feed herself! Okay, most of the time I breastfeed so she doesn't usually get to do it herself (that would be weird), but when I have a bottle for her, it's so freeing to just hand it to her and finish up what I was doing!

    Oh, and cute eggs too. ;) You're cooler than we are. I'm being as lame about Easter as I was about St. Patrick's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the winner--I am Easter lame. Great eggs. Do y'all actually eat them?

    Thomas is too, too big! Stop it, Thomas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Yep, we eat them. Did you know they're good for a LOOONG time? Josh had 1 egg salad sandwich and said he's done with those until next easter....but I might make potato salad, and he'll eat them plain with lunches until they're gone.

    ReplyDelete

Share |