Friday, December 30, 2011

55 degrees, clear skies and I still ran inside

For the first time in my time in my life I hate that it gets dark at 4:30 in the afternoon because it drives me to the gym instead of the trail.

I hate it.

But even though I whine about it, I secretly love that Josh really won't let me run alone after dark. It's stupid, but it makes me feel tiny. Like Josh doesn't think it's unreasonable that some big bad guy is gonna throw me over his shoulder and steal me. The truth is, it's entirely unreasonable. But I love that Josh thinks it's possible.


Tonight I ran in the gym again. Because I couldn't get my butt out the door during the 8 short hours of daylight. I was trying to rush home to help with bedtime, so I only ran a mile. But I ran the whole dang thing.

And I only felt a little stupid when the lady who was well into her workout when I got there was still going strong when I left. (I am such a sissy.)

Also I fit through the hole in the fence again. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. Who cares if you ran inside--you still ran which is awesome! You're totally inspiring me to want to exercise too.

    ReplyDelete

Share |