Saturday, November 22, 2008

The sweet taste of satisfaction

Really truly there is nothing better than simply being satisfied with your life. Since the Wyoming-scare I have been thinking a lot about how happy I am here. Right where I am right now.

I have a fantastic job with the greatest people in the whole wide world. I love being at work, I love what I do, and I love the people I do it with and for. I get to leave that job every single day at 5:00. Not 5ish or 7. But really just 5:00.

I come home to the world's greatest husband. Often I come home with him because he is kind enough to drive me around like a chauffeur. And just like a chauffeur, he is NEVER late. Really. Never.

I love my house, it's coming together in terms of decoration. My bulbs are growing, Junior is a whole head taller than he was when we got him (impressive yes?) and all of my kitchen stuff has a home. We have comfy couches , a beautiful painting on the wall, and I get craftier (yes, it's a word, they just added it to the dictionary, along with 'meh') with each day that passes. Josh built shelves above our shelves so we have room for food storage, which is filling up rather quickly. We have a garage, a clubhouse and pool. What more do I want? Nothing. I am truly honestly satisfied with it just how it is.

Josh has a fabulous job and on Saturdays when he has to work, I can usually tag along with him. Which is great because, you know, "it's always better when we're together".

I own some really fantastic Christmas music, and Pandora  fills in the holes for me. Thanks Pandora.

Even though we haven't been blessed with any little ones in our house (Junior excepted of course) we are truly happy. We have family close by, adorable nieces and nephews, fantastic friends, and full lives. Some of the things I love most about my life right now (mostly work and the people there), will probably come to and end when the babies start to come, so for now, I'm really OK with our childless state.

We have the gospel in our home and in our lives. We pray together and read the scriptures together. Josh and I are continually learning and growing and trying our best to live up to our covenants.

In this particular moment in time, I don't think I've ever felt happier. I feel like my life is balanced, I'm not really failing at anything in particular.

For me, this feeling of sheer satisfaction is rare and I'm going to savor it all day long.

2 comments:

  1. That's so wonderful Amy! I'm so happy for you. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me so happy, Amy! There's nothing like being in a place where you feel ok with life.
    P.S. I love the new snowflake background!

    ReplyDelete

Share |