Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bike Ride

On Tuesday Josh stole my carseat and I had to go to the post office.

When I called to complain he said "why don't you just ride your bike - it isn't that far". And I (in a rare moment of maturity) said "great idea. It'll be nice to get out."

That was before I knew there was still ice on the roads and wind blowing 10 hundred million mph.

So I threw a bunch of hud in a bag and off we went.

30 minutes later we had traveled all 3 of the miles to the post office.

For real.
3 miles.
30 minutes.
On a bike.

Remember how most people RUN that fast?

It was BRUTAL. The wind and the icy "hills" nearly killed me.

But we made it.

And the ride home only took 15 minutes (wind at our backs, hills headed the right direction - lovely) and I only pedaled once or twice.

So there Tommy was on a leisurely ride home with nothing to do but go through the bag at his feet.

When I opened the trailer to see my babe, he looked like this.


Sunglasses carelessly slung around his neck and ipod earphones around the back of his neck. The kid could be 15 couldn't he? Except for his 6-toothed grin that still melts my heart.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are a brave woman! Tommy is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His smile will melt your heart when he IS fifteen, too, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    You were a popsicle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you go--you are seriously brave!

    And that picture, oh goodness. He is so cute! When I saw it (before I even read what you wrote about it) I thought that he looked like a teenager!

    ReplyDelete

Share |