Thursday, June 3, 2010

If my life were Burger King

If life were Burger King and I could really have it my way:
  • Thomas would be just waking up for the day instead of halfway through his first nap.  (I know I know, I can't complain. He's a fantastic sleeper....but napping before some kids are up just makes me want to cry.)
  • Josh would have been home (and awake) for more than 4 hours in the past 3 days. 
  • I wouldn't be avoiding work right now. I'd be happily napping. 
  • My house would have a backyard so I don't have to go to the park to feel the grass in my toes.
  • All that food I baked yesterday (bread, pancakes, cookies, pizza crusts, and squash) would last longer than 2 days and would mean I don't have to bake today. 
  • The dishes from this morning's breakfast would do themselves. 
  • The laundry would always be caught up.
  • It would never EVER be more than 72 degrees outside. And certainly not INside. (sick)
  • There would be a grocery store on that vacant lot that is 1 mile from my house.

2 comments:

  1. I like your burger-king-life. I'm sorry Josh has been gone so much, that's got to be rough. I wish we lived closer so I could pop over and keep you company! Also, I'm totally with you on the 72 degrees thing. Anything more than that is sweltering (which I realize sounds totally ridiculous bit it's true).

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those things sound magical. I feel the same way about all of them. I really wish there was a grocery store on that vacant lot, that would make things much easier.

    ReplyDelete

Share |