Sunday, March 3, 2013

Date of the Month: February

I forgot to write about Date of the Month last night.

Pleasant Grove High School did Beauty and the Beast this year and we HAD to go. I also got a gift certificate for Taco Amigo and figured we'd go back to high school for the night.

It's funny because although Taco Amigo was a big part of most people's high school experience I never went there until after leaving Pleasant Grove. So...there's that.



Anyway, Cami was kind enough to come down and watch our boys for the night, and we headed out. But true to form Utah County chewed us up and spit us out and laughed in our face. "You want to go to Taco Amigo? Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Loser." Taco Amigo was closed. Some kind of remodel or something. That gift certificate is still sitting on our kitchen counter. Another time.

Instead we went to Wendy's.  Think what you want about date of the month club, but I contend that these are seriously hot dates.


After parking on the drag (which has been repainted sometime in the last 10 years. TEN YEARS?!?!?! What the crap? I'm old.) we walked toward the fancy new lighted sign.


Back in the good old days (when we had to walk to school up hill both ways) we parked down at the bottom of the drag and there were no such things as fancy lighted signs at that school. But this night was all about luxury (Wendy's....high school musical.....we're good at luxury) so we parked at the TOP of the drag and sat in our aisle but front and center seats to listen to the orchestra tune.


It was lovely. But the play was incredible! I don't know why I was so surprised by the talent of these kids, but I was. Acting, singing, sets, costumes, stage-business, music, all of it. Exceptional. I couldn't believe the people responsible were teenagers. (and their fearless leaders)


The next time you have the opportunity to go see a high school musical DO IT. Okay? Just do it. And tell me if it's just Utah County teenagers who are awesome or if it's all of them.

2 comments:

  1. It's all of them. Seriously, it is. Teenagers (and their leaders) are amazing, wonderful creatures, and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know there is a Taco Amigo in Orem, right? Maybe you didn't want to drive that far, but I just thought I'd share that if you didn't know.

    ReplyDelete

Share |