Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tired

Tommy has been extra tired lately. Because remember how my working has rocked out schedule?

This morning he woke up at 7am. Which is honestly sleeping in for him. But it was still too early.

He woke up crying and did. not. stop. We snuggled, he wanted me to hold him, he wanted breakfast, but he wouldn't eat. He wanted a story, but not that one. He wanted a blanket because he was "frozen bo bozen" but it couldn't cover his toes. The worst of it happened as he plopped down on his bed whimpering "I'm feelin' sad because nobody does love me." We talked about that for a bit, then I started to make the beds and do the laundry and he followed just behind me moaning and groaning.

We tried to reset (reset at my house means get upsidedown, then say "good morning!" again like we just started our day.) but "upside down is too scary" so only I got to play.

Then at exactly 9:30 he marched his butt into the kitchen, chose a bowl and poured himself some cereal with a smile on his face. He tapped me on my knee and asked "could I have some milk on top of my cereal please?" and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

Call me crazy but I think that at 9:30 he was ready to be awake and at 7 he was too tired to function as a human being. I honestly believe that being ready to be awake totally changed him.

I wish I could get the poor child to nap, but he'll have nothing to do with it. You can bet it will be an early bedtime tonight, but what I'd really like to see is him getting to bed on time again on a regular basis.

I just don't know how to make that happen.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to that kid! I hope he can figure out how to sleep a bit later or take a nap or something that will work for your family. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Share |