Thursday, August 9, 2007

It's a small world after all

It seems like this past week has been one where I talk to a lot of people I don't normally hear from. It's been really fun. Old roommates, friends from high school or the BC, etc etc etc. I actually kindof enjoy weeks like that because it means people remember who I am which means at some point they knew I existed. I always think I know a lot more people than know me. Like I know who they are, but they wouldn't have a clue who I was.

Anyway, one of those "old friends" (geez, I sound like I'm OLD and attending like my 30 year high school reunion or something!) was Anna from Student Council at the Business College. She was one of those people who absolutely shocked me the more I got/get to know her the more I like her and the more I think we have in common.

Student Council was a bit of "stretch" for me (understatement of the year), but she was always really nice and accepting even though I didn't feel like I fit in that position very well. Anyway, the point is that she e-mailed me! And then I told her about facebook, she got on, I had a comment about going to Alexander Lake, one thing leads to another and it turns out that she and her husband were there last weekend!

Alexander Lake is one of those places that I grew up thinking was built just for my family. Like when God was creating the world, he put Alexander Lake there and showed my daddy how to get there so we would have somewhere to go on vacation. And nobody else knew about it, much less went to it. Turns out the older I get the smaller the world is and the fewer places are "secret".

Anyway, I got all kinds of excited that someone else knew where it was, and that they went and loved it too! It really is my favorite place on the planet. It's filled with happy memories, and all of the things that I think are required for beauty. After I get back I'll post some pictures and maybe you can see why....but pictures just don't do it justice. Turns out that the older I get the smaller the world is and more and more people have random connections in my life.

At work we deal with one specific title company a LOT. They send a "runner" up to our office all the time, and this person changes quite regularly. It's usually some high school kid that doesn't want to work at work, so he thinks that driving around all day is the perfect job - he gets to talk on the phone, listen to music, and hang out and get paid for it. Anyway, the newest runner happens to be dating our Project manager's daughter. So he called and said we should give him grief and make his life miserable. So far I haven't thought of anything really funny to do, but I'm workin' on it. All he does is come pick up some papers every once in a while so there's a not a lot of interaction, but we'll figure something out. Good times playing practical jokes on people. I'm open to suggestions......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |