Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Da Belly: 39 weeks

Yesterday I had a play date with my sister, she spoiled me rotten making me lunch and entertaining my child so by the time Josh got home for the evening I was miraculously NOT exhausted. In fact, I actually thought I was still pretty cute....all things considered.

Which is why I made Josh take a picture of da belly.


This photo shoot was full of "whoa"s and "sheesh!"s because....well....wow.

Remember back when I could hold up my own belly and Josh didn't have to do it for me?


Yeah...me too.

Huge doesn't quite seem like a big enough word to describe how I'm feeling. But every now and then I run into some kind stranger who feels the need to tell me I'm looking great despite my impending due date. Those people have me thinking I'm doing really well and that I'm one of those adorably cute pregnant ladies who wear belts above their bellies and contrary to what Dr. Man says, my face is not actually retaining water.

Dr. Man says things like "you've had a bigger than normal spike in your weight for the past couple of weeks - I think you're just retaining water and it'll all come right off as soon as you deliver so I'm not worried about it."  Then he looks down at my feet and says "But I don't see it in your feet, I'm starting to see it in your face though..."

Sometimes I'd like to tell him what's gonna be in his face if he doesn't learn how to talk nice to pregnant ladies. Other times (when he says "I'm not worried, it'll all come off as soon as you deliver") I want to kiss his face. Dr. Man and I have a complicated relationship.

So there you have it. 39 weeks and I'm officially more pregnant than I've ever been in my life.

My nightly ritual has to do with bubble baths and going to bed before good tv even starts. It's a nice little routine and although Dr. Man said he'd induce me anytime I want now, I actually think this baby is better in than out for another minute or two. We'll see how long that lasts.

5 comments:

  1. I think you look fantastic! The first thing I thought when I saw the pictures above is that it looks like you just stuffed a pillow up your shirt. Seriously...when I'm pregnant I am pregnant all over! I would love to look like a skinny person with a pillow in my shirt. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! That is one fine lookin' belly and you're getting so close! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic! Also, is it evil of me to hope that Dr. Man keeps saying things like that to you in the hopes that maybe, just maybe, you will kick him in the face one of these days? If it is, that's just too bad because I'm secretly hoping it will happen. You're almost there! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Share |