Friday, December 28, 2007

Closed and Funded!!!

Wow. This has been a seriously amazing 24 hours in my life. Yesterday morning it was looking like we wouldn't be able to close until today, then fund maybe Wednesday, and move next week. The thing that sucks about that is that I'd have to reschedule my life to make that work. :) Do I sound like a pretty pretty princes? Because I am. We've schedule the UHaul, the family members, the boxes are packed and delaying this move another week seriously would've killed me! So, Josh and I prayed and attracted a simple easy closing that would happen 10 times faster than a normal one. Yesterday afternoon at 3:30 I got a call from the lender (the one I was mad at for being a slacker) saying Tracy (the title lady) got the docs and we were ready to close if I could leave right now. I just happened to drive, which mean I just needed to pick up Josh and we could go. We got there, signed papers and were done at about 4:45. Which means the docs went out last night. (Miracle #1.) Then today they had to have the wire done by noon in order to stop a trustee sale on the home (the previous owners were going to be foreclosed on). At 11:45 it still hadn't happened, but Tracy was working with the lender to get the money wired early so we'd be good to go. Somehow they talked the trustee into giving us an extra 30 minutes to transfer money. (Miracle #2.) Then they found out that everybody (the lender, the seller, the payoff, and the trustee) bank with Zion's, so they didn't have to wire any money, they could just transfer it. (Miracle #3. What are the odds? Slim to none. We got slim.) It's a good thing too because that took 29 minutes (of the 30 the trustee gave us). I JUST got the e-mail that it all happened. The other agent will be providing our keys in about an hour and Josh and I are now HOMEOWNERS! That's right, we own a home and I'm thrilled about it.

When Gabe gave me the news, he told me that only for me would that happen. He suggested I keep saying my prayers and paying my tithing because there's no way it would've happened to a gentile. :) Gabe is VERY inactive, and has been forever, in fact he probably doesn't know that he's still a member even though he's abandoned the church. But he grew up going to primary (until he was 10) and knows the primary songs and stuff, and he makes jokes about the church all the time. I know he was kidding, but I also know that I'm going to continue paying my tithing and saying my prayers, because I truly believe that it was divine intervention.

Before all of this, I was just feeling better and better about the house, I love it, I love the idea of living there, both of us feel really good about it. There was confusion and stress earlier, but since then neither of us have even worried. We are just happy and good and thrilled to have a new house! So, thanks to all of you who prayed for us, and thanks in advance for your help moving. LOL.

Yay for our new house!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Look at that, everything worked out just like you wanted it to! Yay for moving!

    ReplyDelete

Share |