Thursday, December 6, 2007

This morning I love my house

Do you have phrases you steal from places and use all the time? I'm a phrase stealer by nature. I steal from people, movies, tv, books anything I can. Things like "you'd better believe I did!" "mmmhmmm (with the lips)" "Oh it's been br-oghten" "come back to bed bert!" most of these I don't even know where we picked them up, but they are filler words in my conversations. I say them every day every day. (ooo, there's another one! Often used with "all the live long day".)

One of these is "today I love you". That one is from "The Prestige" which, by the way, is an excellent movie. In that movie it's sad, but in our life it isn't. In that movie some days the husband doesn't love his wife and she calls him on it and it make you cry. But some days he's madly deeply passionately in love with her ("madly deeply passionately" is a phrase we stole from one of Josh's classmates before we were married...) and she can tell when he is and when he isn't. When I saw that movie I thought it was the saddest thing in the world, but there are some days that I truly am madly deeply passionately in love with my husband, and other days that I just love him. So, I guess it's OK. Anyway, on those days/moments when we are really REALLY in love with each other, we say "I love you today." not that we don't love each other on other days, just that in that moment it's a particularly strong feeling of love.

This morning Josh said that to me and it seriously just made my day. I'm giddy and whooped and all of those good things now just because today he loves me. . This morning he also said he loves our house today. He loves the idea of moving there, he loves the way it looks and feels, and he doesn't even hate the paperwork and the money aspect of it. I think it's payday for him, which makes him feel rich....so I'm sure that feeling will change again before we actually close on it, but today is a good day. Today we are in love with each other and our decisions. And that's a good feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Aww...you two are the cutest ever. I love those kinds of days when you just feel happy and in love. You describe it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Share |