Friday, January 22, 2010

The weekend of bliss...

For some reason Josh was in no major hurry to get to work this morning.

He slept in with me until 7:30.

We both had a chance to shower and get ready while Thomas was still asleep. And by "get ready" I mean showered and dressed. In clothes - not a bathrobe. Let's not get too carried away what with hair and makeup.

Then when Thomas woke up we sat around listening to good music because my sister gave us money at Amazon for mp3 downloads. We had to choose wisely so we didn't squander our gift which means we spent at last half an hour listening to the first 10 seconds of some of our favorite songs and buying the best ones. Love Story meets Viva La Vida, Fireflies (which I have named as best weird song of 2009), and Somewhere Over the Rainbow to name a few.

Josh is now at work and Thomas is back in bed for his nap. (I literally rocked with him for less than 60 seconds and put him down and he's out like a light.)

If this is any indication of how my weekend will be, you'll have to pry it from my cold dead fingers and force me to start the next week.

4 comments:

  1. I guess Thomas slept OK then? Or was Josh sleeping in because he was up on baby duty all night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you!

    What a great way to start the day, and if the weekend is great I hope it goes nice and slow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some of my favorite songs too! Hope you continue to have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who had the heart to pry it from your cold dead fingers? Rude!

    ReplyDelete

Share |