Friday, January 1, 2010

In 2010

First of all, is it "twenty-ten" or "two-thousand ten"? I'm already annoyed by this year.

Last night on the way home from his parents house, Josh was asking his younger siblings what they want to do this year. Not so much "resolutions" or even goals, just plans.

Plans for 2010 in our family include:
  • Josh starting the nursing program at SLCC. Finally. For real this time. (He starts the CNA night program on Tuesday which is the new "$350 6-week course" pre-req for the program. What a joy.)
  • Us figuring out how we're gonna pay for that. And Uncle Sam is going to be useless. Putrid feds.
  • Me taking over my sister's medical billing company - and learning a lot. I'm actually really looking forward to that. I already enjoy what I'm doing so far.
  • Thomas will be learning to sit up, crawl, walk, and hopefully sign some important things so we can quit guessing if he's hungry or tired or bored or grouchy or hungry or poopy or hungry. 
  • Baby's first camping trip. I'm really really excited about this for some reason...
  • Some really cool (albeit cheap) vacation. Because even though we have a kid we're still cool.
  • Sometime I'd like to go a whole day without being covered in partially digested milk or poop.
  • Maybe we'll leave the house again.
  • I plan to keep jogging and eating good foods (as determined and logged on nutrimirror) and hope that only good things come from that. I secretly hope I'll have some really great before/after picture to show at the end of the year a la Biggest Loser. But if not, at least I'll be full of good food.
So there you have it - the plans (as of January 1st) for 2010. 

What are your plans?

4 comments:

  1. Go Amy and Josh! Hurray for 2010 plans, espeically the nursing school. Good luck Josh!
    2010 is going a big year for us, our hopes are: buy our first house, have our fourth and last baby, celebrate our TENTH wedding anniversary, our oldest will be getting baptized (that's only half of the year so far), visiting our fam in UT, having my fam visit in WA, etc, etc, etc... So fun!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some very exciting plans! It will be fun to see Baby Thomas turn into toddler Thomas this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your plans for the year. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one major thing for us this year is we plan to run a 1/2 marathon.

    I also hope to find a job, but we will see.

    ReplyDelete

Share |