Monday, May 26, 2008

New hair

Over the weekend our friends Ashley and Jake came over to play games. Ashley looked at a picture of me and Josh that's on the wall in our living room in which I'm VERY blond. It was after a particularly bad highlighting experience, and I HATED being that blond. It takes too much maintenance, and it feels too fake for my taste.

Ashley took one look at the picture and dropped her jaw. "Oh my gosh you're blond!" which was pretty much my reaction, when I saw my hair too. Josh got a big goofy grin on his face, "Nice huh?!" (he has always maintained that he likes me best as a blond) and I got a depressed look on my face, "I hated it. I'll never do it again."

Ashley, politely told me she liked it too. I still don't like it, but now that Josh is out of school, he'll be looking at my hair more than I will. Combine that with the way too many makeover shows I've seen while he was in school, and I truly don't believe there is such a thing as bad change....a dangerous belief. So on Saturday I decided I needed a change and went to get my hair cut and dyed.

I now have short blond hair. I guess I shouldn't say short - because truthfully it still hits my shoulders, which by many people's standards is long - but when the hairdresser tells me she'll be taking "about 4 or 5 inches off" that translates to a big change for me.

I'll post pictures later, but for now, I'm going to enjoy the fact that Josh is home, it's only 10:00 and we could go to bed right now if we felt like it.

3 comments:

  1. I wanna see a picture! I'm super excited for you :) Yay for "short" blonde hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOWOWOOWOWOW I am soo excited to see it!!!!! I can't tell you what a great time Jake and I had. As you can probably tell, it's been a while since we hung out with other people our age that didn't talk in baby. Thank you so much for the great "date" we really appreciated it even though my husband couldn't stop airing our dirty laundry... PS NICE page :) I won't steal this one.. very cute though. Cant' wait to see your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where's the picture? The suspense is killing me!

    ReplyDelete

Share |