Friday, November 2, 2007

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Confession: we've been listening to Christmas music for more than month now. Not every day, mostly just on Sundays - once in a while during the week. Yesterday officially marked the beginning of the Christmas Season. Now that makes some people upset because it's not even close to Thanksgiving yet. BUT it's here anyway. You can tell because of 2 things.
1. KOSY is playing Christmas music. :) Yes, that's right. All the live long day. I woke up to God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen this morning. This is the only time of year I listen to KOSY - and I'll only do that until FM 100 starts playing it too.

The music got me all excited and I am ready to break out the decorations. I'm seriously considering putting up my tree before Christmas this year. Partly because I'm worried we'll be packing and moving during Christmas, and partly because I LOVE it! Since I haven't really done enough Christmas shopping yet, I'm considering wrapping empty boxes to put under the tree. Imagine how fun it will be on Christmas morning to open a box and find nothin' but air in there! I think it's brilliant.

What do you think? When is the earliest possible date to put up Christmas? We've always done it right after Thanksgiving, but I don't know that I can hold off that long this year....I'm trying to convince Josh to let us put up outside lights, but who knows who will win that battle. :) I'm seriously considering doing it next week. Is that allowed?

1 comment:

  1. I think you can totally justify putting up a Christmas tree before Thanksgiving, but maybe only like a week, or a week and a half before. Especially since in the middle of Christmas you might be packing and moving :)And it already snowed, so that means it's Christmas time :)

    ReplyDelete

Share |