Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Just call me Alex

I'm always amazed by how quickly my mood can change.

Last night Josh picked me up from work and took me out to dinner because he loves me. Then we drove up to the top of the world and looked at the lights and talked and watched the planes come in. It was a beautiful night. Clear, calm, incredible. We sat and listened to Christmas music and every song was slow and beautiful. We just sat there, holding hands, and enjoying each other. I love movie-moments like that. When everything is perfect.

This morning I woke up grumpy. Really grumpy. Before I even got out of bed I was ready to call in sick. There was some annoying radio guy that would not SHUT UP! they were playing my least favorite Christmas song of all time. My eyes were sticky and my hair was touching me. My mouth tasted gross and I knew it was going to be a terrible horrible no good very bad day. I finally rolled out of bed, and started to get ready, the shower wasn't warm enough, my hair had knots in it, my face exploded and I had a bloody nose. I was already late, couldn't find anything to wear, my boring oatmeal tasted like oatmeal and not like anything good (chocolate). When Josh and I were both finally ready to go, I walked out the door and he looked at me weird, that means I looked stupid. "What?" I demanded. "Did you know you're wearing slippers?" He asked. I turned around, unlocked the door and went to find my shoes again. Muttering the whole way. We got in the car, hit every light red, and when I looked in the car mirror to put my lips on, I realized I parted my hair on the wrong side. Everything about me today is backwards and wrong and I don't like it. I guess it's not as bad as it could be, given that I didn't wake up with gum in my hair, trip over my skateboard, or drop my sweater in the sink....but I'm still extra whiny and extra grumpy and I know this is going to be a terrible horrible no good very bad day!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you ended up having a better day!

    Tag your it! Read my blog for rules!

    ReplyDelete

Share |