Sunday, July 15, 2007

The good, the bad, and the ugly

We had a weekend full of movies, games and fun. It was so relaxing and nice to not be running a million different places. If it weren't for these kinds of weekends, I don't know that I would be able to make it through this year of school.

On Friday we went to Lindon and watched "Premonition" with my family. Wow, that was really not my favorite movie of all time. It was like someone who normally makes really scary movies like The Ring or something made this movie that wasn't really that scary. The idea was really interesting, but the movie and the scenes kept looking they were supposed to be terrifying. And then they TOTALLY ruined it with the end. Yep, that was the worst ending of all time.

Saturday was another good morning. Josh let me sleep in because he loves me and he got up and mowed the lawn. I'm pretty sure that makes me a lazy wife, but I appreciated it anyway. We got some stuff done around the house, we hung out together, and then we went to see Harry Potter with the Burches. That was pretty dang fun. I have to say that movie was much better than the last one, I think it was less dark and more just plain fun. Anyway, great flick. Jamie and I decided that we wanted to have a barbeque, so we went shopping for good food and we barbequed steaks. It was crazy fun. Only problem was it meant we were cooking inside and our house gets REALLY hot! But, it was worth it. We played some games with them and we stayed up WAY past Jamie's bedtime, which was kinda fun. Shhh...don't tell her mom. :)

Sunday we had the Burches come over again, which was great because I like them and Josh and Cameron haven't been able to play for a LOONG time, so I think they had fun too. I made home-made rolls, which made me feel important and grownup. They brought over this really fun game called Ticket To Ride. It was tons of fun. We're going to have to get that one, becuase it's just plain cool. I guess there are different versions of it, like you can be in different countries and stuff, so maybe we'll get a different one, but it was really fun. I'm glad they introduced us to that game. We also taught them how to play Spades, which we learned from Randy, and that was fun too. I like good nights like that.
While we were playing, the power went out. It was already really hot and when we lost all a/c and fans and anything relieving. It was horribly hot, so finally I called Rocky Mtn. Power just to see what they knew, and it turns out that 10,000 people were without power for 2 1/2 hours. That was crazy. But eventually it came back on and we survived - whew! We're good.
I think this weekend I remembered how much I like to feel like a "wife" or what I think a wife should be. I enjoy cooking, cleaning, doing the dishes after everybody's happy. We made cookies and hung out. It makes me feel good to take care of people, and I can't wait to be a housewife/mom and do that full time. Somedays I'm sure I'll hate it, but for now, that sounds greater than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |