Sunday, May 22, 2011

Eventful

Sometimes I look at the calendar on Sunday and want to cry.

Meetings in the morning, followed by more meetings in the afternoon, followed by some kind of family event in the evening and juggling Josh's work schedule and Tommy's nap schedule in between it all just feels overwhelming.

But sometimes it's Easter, then Mother's Day, then Stake Conference and my "weekly" schedule quickly becomes my "every-other-weekly" schedule.

Since today was Stake Conference I had exactly 1 meeting from 2 to 4 in the afternoon. Period.
Since we just saw every member of our family for Easter and/or Mother's Day we had exactly 0 family events.

That's why I tried to do a backflip last night.
And why we ended up the ER this afternoon.

Okay okay, that suggests things which are not true. But both sentences are completely true. Just unrelated. Didja gasp?

Last night I realized what a beautifully boring day it would be today and I pretended to try to do a backflip. Really I just laid down in the middle of the living room floor and stuck my feet up in the air. Whatever, I'm pregnant - effort looks different now.

This afternoon Josh made a relatively foolish knife-in-the-air error while working on banana splits for dinner and sliced his finger open. That's why we were in the ER.

Add to that the deluxe breakfast I made and cleaned up, the haircuts for my boys, and the chasing a 2-year-old around a circle building for an hour and it wasn't quite the relaxing Sabbath Day I pictured.

But it was mostly lovely.

Josh's finger is fine. They even let him pick "glue or stitches" and of course he picked glue, now he can't wash his hands for a week, but aside from the certain infection and disease that will come from dirty hands, he'll be fine. Thanks for your concern.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear his finger is ok. Keep working on that back flip, you'll get it someday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share |