Friday, September 18, 2009

Sorry.....Also things I love.

I talk too much.
I'm too open.
I say words that make people uncomfortable.

For that, I'm sorry. But in my defense, it's all true!

Rest assured this post has nothing to do with body parts (reproductive or otherwise), babies, pregnancy, fluid of any sort, or Things The Dr. Does You Wish You Didn't Know About (now there's a great title for  post!).

This post is just your average every-day list of stuff I really like - because I'm grouchy and tired and I don't wanna spend my whole weekend that way: Also because I'm feeling self conscious about my last post being the one on top for even one more minute.
  • The smell of rain. Or even sprinklers on a cool morning. I'm not picky.
  • My family. All of them. But Josh, more than anyone else. Because Josh and I make a freakin' awesome family. Also all Fugals, Reilleys and Egberts and all of those related to them. I have an amazing family and I certainly don't deserve it, but I sure enjoy it!



  • My pretty bottled peaches.
  • Friends in the ward. I had an awesome baby shower last night and remembered all the reasons I love my ward. It's full of people who are kind and generous and concerned. People who genuinely care about each other and want to help. People who have great laughs and great jokes. And people who get along with each other. I love my ward.
  • Fall. The leaves are changing color and getting crunchy. The Christmas lights are going up on Temple Square. And the mornings are cool enough that I wish I had a jacket. What's not to love?


  • Reading a good book. Even if I can't go to book club because I'm learning how to have a baby, I love always having a list of good books to read.
  • This day is over. And I get to start again tomorrow.
  • A shoebox of photographs.
  • Qwest finally found my money. That's comforting - it only took 64 days, 6 follow up phone calls (with an average hold time of 13 minutes) and 4 different payment research agents. Was it worth the $30 bill? Probably not, but it's a matter of principle! (Or is it a matter of principal? My mother would be ashamed...)
  • The crib. Something about having a crib makes me feel more prepared. Imagine how high I'll be flying when it's actually set up!

7 comments:

  1. Amy, I absolutely LOVE you and I LOVED your last post. I liked the part about not being concerned about the pain, just being concerned as to whether you were normal or not...I laughed out loud :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad I missed your shower!! I'm out of town and I was so bummed when I found out I'd miss it... ALMOST cancelled my whole trip :) We do have a freakin amazing ward! It's one of a kind, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, puh-lease! Look at your comments on your last post- nobody felt awkward. I think it's important to talk about bodies in a candid way, so that everyone realizes how normal they are, and don't feel so self-conscious (I mean, nobody's going to feel comfortable getting checked, but you know what I mean).

    Also, while I read it I thought, "Whoa, Amy says 'cervix' now? We haven't hung out in a long time!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This ward LOVES you back! I love your humor and kindness and concern. I wish I were more like that. I wish I could laugh at myself and my life more and make other people laugh with me. You're just awesome. And a GLOWING, mamma to be! Can't wait, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what I love? You. And this post. It's making my long day oh-so-much better. Thanks for always making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy I'm usually upfront and honest with people and when I read your last post I found a kindred spirit (ok I found you long before that but the post just verified it ;) I'm so excited for you guys to raise you some awesome kids (because they totally will be - and you have to let mine, when we have some, play with yours)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you blog your thought's all the time. It's so fun to read. :)I love fall too. It's so fun to see the the leaves change color. I want to see what your crib looks like!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share |