Monday, October 1, 2007

Days off

On Thursday I got to go to work with Josh for the 2nd time this week. We had to be in Provo in the afternoon, and I took the whole day off work so I wouldn't have to worry about being late, so Josh and I just did Redbox until we had to be at the hotel for Enrichment.

Wednesday night I had a few errands to run, and really wanted to get a skirt, so I went on a quest for a dressy black skirt. I went to Fort Union and was AMAZED at all of the stores they have there. The stores I drove by included but were not limited to: Target, AND Walmart, Ross AND TJ Maxx, Deseret Book AND Barnes and Noble, Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, Linen's 'N Things, Cold Stone, Cafe Rio, Old Navy, Payless, Famous Footwear, and like a million others. I was SHOCKED. I knew as I drove in that this would be the most successful shopping trip of my life. I went to 3 clothing stores, and found ZERO count them, ZERO skirts. Well, that's not quite true, I did see a grand total of 2 skirts. Period. But they were both ugly. 2 skirts! I was shocked. Apparently, people don't wear skirts, because nobody sells them. Ew. Finally I gave up and went to Walmart to get some salt/pepper shakers and hangars. Only problem is that the Walmart is Fort Union is the most confusing, strange setup I've ever seen. You walk in and it's like you walked in the side door of a normal walmart. Anyway, I finally made my way around, but in doing so walked past the clothing section, and there it was. A suit skirt (exactly what I wanted). And they had really cute gray ones, only the gray ones had one kind of gray of skirts, and a different kind of gray in the jacket, weird. So anyway, I wound up getting my perfect black suit skirt (mostly because I want to look nice at an interview).

On my way to the salt shakers, I walked by the $7.50 movie rack, and there was Ocean's 11 and Ocean's 12. Last week Josh bought and Ocean's and we didn't have any of them, but love them all. So I decided to get the other one. Only problem was I couldn't remember which one he bought. So, I grabbed 11 and bought that too. A successful trip overall. However, we all know that 11 is the one that Josh already bought, and I didn't need 2 copies of it. Sigh.

We went to Park City and Heber, and once again it was BEAUTIFUL. I love fall, I love winter, I love mountains, it was great. While in Park City, we had to do a Walmart store, so I figured we'd take back Ocean's 11 and trade it for 12. Which we did. I took back 11 and tried to find 12, but on my way to find 12, I walked past the clothes again, and there was the cute gray suit! Only this time the skirt matched the Jacket, and it's CUTE! So I tried it on, and it fit and it's cute. So, I asked Josh pretty pretty please if I could have it and he said yes because he loves me. :) Yay for a new interview suit! It's cute and I KNOW I'll get hired. :) I find it particularly hilarious that the only place I can find a good interview suit is Walmart. Lame. But at least I didn't spend $150 on one from Dillards or something. Turns out that in the Park City Walmart, there is no $7.50 rack so we still have the wrong Ocean's movie, but I can deal with that.

In short, it was a great day. We got to the hotel with plenty of time, watched the snow fall, enjoyed the drive together and it was great. Everything was great. I love days like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |