Thursday, October 4, 2007

486th of 486

This new book "Twilight" seems to be all the rage right now. I don't think I know ANYBODY on the planet who has not read it. My mom's been recommending it to me for months, but I just haven't felt the urge to read it. So, I figure I'll read it when I'm good and ready with no expectations and love it. But, if I keep listening to everybody hyping it up, then I'm not going to love it because I'll expect too much. So, I haven't rushed out to get it because I don't' want to be that excited for it.

Enter Jamie: Jamie read the book, loves it and now I have to read it because she won't stop talking about it. She seriously read the first one in one day. In fact, I'll bet she didn't eat all day because she was busy reading. She probably LITERALLY didn't put it down all day long. So, now I'm feeling the urgency. Now that I'm the only human on the planet who hasn't read this book, I'm ready to read. Jump on the bandwagon, that's what I always say.

Since my latest addiction is books on CD, I figure I'll just get it on CD from the library and listen to it while I run (another latest addiction, they actually go together). So last night, I get on the wonderful Salt Lake County Library website, and place a hold on it. Then pops the happy little message "Thank you for placing Twilight on hold. You are currently number 486 in line. You will be notified by phone when your book is ready for pickup at the Smith library." 486!!! I'm sorry what?!?! 486? I can't even COUNT that high! Mostly for lack of patience, but GEEZ LOUISE!!! Who looks at a line 486 people long, knowing that each person LITERALLY takes 3 weeks and says "yep, sign me up for that. I have 1,458 weeks to wait. Maybe in 28 years I still won't have read the book, and be dying to know what's going on. Forget the fact that I will have given birth to and raised 5 babies by then. Forget about the fact that I'll be 50 years old and lost my hearing wont' be able to hear the book anyway. Forget about the fact that CDs will be obsolete and you won't even OWN the book anymore. Please, sign me up to borrow it from the library then." I guess for now I'll just take comfort in the fact that 485 other humans on the planet have not yet read the book. Just judging from the Salt Lake County Library system of course.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA, I TOLD you it was good!!! :) If it comes down to it and you don't want to wait 28 years to get the CD's, then you can borrow my books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy- Twilight really IS the best book ever written. Your life will be much better for having read it. And you can find it cheap anywhere. Just go buy it and read it! You'll be glad you did! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share |