Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Better Day

Today will be a better day. And here's how I know:

  • My handsome handsome hubby woke up (quietly) showered (quietly) and ate breakfast (quietly) while I slept in. Then he left to get some work done, and came back home to pick me up to take me to work. Before he left, he (quietly) woke me up and told me he'd be back in an hour to get me. He kissed me on my forehead and sneaked (google thinks snuck isn't a word....what?) out the door.
  • Tonight I'm going to do something productive. Watching hours of Dr. Phil and Cake Boss reruns does not count as productive. Laundry, preparing a Visiting Teaching message (and treat), sewing my quilt top, and going on a walk do count as productive.
  • Today I don't want to go home nearly as bad as I did yesterday. 
  • Josh has zero cavities!
  • Somebody fixed my sleep number, got rid of the rocks, and made my bed (and accompanying pillows) the appropriate size to fit me, my belly, and my husband (who by the way wasn't snoring). Amazing what a good night's sleep will do for you.
  • Josh got someone pulled over for driving on the wrong side of the road this morning. (The cop was busy with the person he just barely pulled over for the same thing, and Josh honked to get his attention while the Next Person did it. Next Person got pulled over too.) The fact that it totally made his day to be a big tattle-tale totally made my day.
And just like that, all is well in the world of Egbert. 

Sometimes I wonder if these extreme highs and lows are normal, and then I remember that they probably aren't but I don't want to know that, so I pretend they are. 

3 comments:

  1. You know why you're so awesome? It's cause you find joy in all the little things in life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it's a better day today. I was feeling really sorry for you yesterday hearing about all of the pregnancy symptoms. But then I remembered that you are married to a massage therapist- lucky! Does Josh give you lots of professional massages?
    Hopefully Baby Thomas will drop in the next month or so and you'll be able to breathe better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally normal. (but that's by my standard so...)

    ReplyDelete

Share |