Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Mystery Ward

Today I feel a bit like a heathen. I tried all week last week to figure out which ward we're in, but the mormon's were all on vacation, and the website doesn't know our address. So, I don't know which ward we belong in. There are 4 Foxboro wards, and I'm sure we're one of them, but I don't know which

We could've gotten up early and headed to the church and found out which ward we belong in, but last night after unpacking, we didn't get to sleep until late! Well, it was late for me. Josh was coughing, sneezing, and feeling generally miserable. So, I suggested he take something. Benedryl was the best thing we could find, but I forgot that it makes you sleepy.

Our first meal in our new house was based on stuffing. I wanted stuffing because it sounded good and we had plenty of stovetop. We also had some smoked Turkey (thank you Stephanie's dad) so I heated that up, and boiled some red potatoes. A pretty decent thrown together meal, considering what a disaster my house was! I got it ready and yelled to Josh that dinner was ready. I was unpacking the kitchen, he was unpacking the bedroom and closet. He didn't answer, and come to think of it, I hadn't heard him say anything in a while. I went looking for him, and finally found him.

He was totally passed out in our closet, between the box of clothes and the shoe rack. I tried to wake him up.

"Josh, dinner is ready do you want some?"
"Mmmmhhnnmsdgbvhgh"
"I think you shouldn't sleep right there, why don't you come eat and we'll get the bed ready for you to sleep in?"
"What? What time is it? Are we late?"

He was so out of it! I don't know anyone that can fall asleep like he can. When we were dating he used to fall asleep in the middle of a sentence. I am a night person and would talk to him until all hours of the night, and he'd be in the middle of a story and fall asleep. In person, on the phone, sitting up, standing, anything he's just zonk in the middle of what he was saying.

"Today in school we learned about all the parts of a nucleus. Not just a cell a nuc- Snnnooorrreee"

It amazes me.

After he fell back asleep I finished up the kitchen and finally went to bed. Today there was still so much to do that I couldn't even get ready for church much less spend all day there. And since we didn't know which ward was ours, we just didn't go. We did read an Ensign article and listened to uplifting music, but it just wasn't the same. I guess that's why we go to church every week. It bring a different spirit than anything else does. I am excited to go next week and meet our ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |