Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bless my sweet heart

This whole job thing is making me nuts and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

This morning I checked my e-mail and found one from the ever faithful Jamie. "anything you care to share?" was the subject line. Through the course of a few e-mails, she said she got an e-mail from her boss that he sent to her department forwarded from the HR person who was hiring for their open position (Arbra). Arbra said that the central HR Department with the church had hired me for their Senior Secretary position. Now, this was news to me considering that I applied late Friday afternoon and haven't even had a phone call from the guy hiring. They haven't interviewed me, not over the phone or any other way.

Don't you worry, I spot the irony that the Central HR Department was the one who broke the news to me that I didn't get the job with CES and CES breaks the news to me that apparently I was hired without my knowledge for a position with Central HR. Who wouldda thought? Brings whole new meaning to the phrase "let not thy right hand know what thy left hand doeth".

In real life, since I didn't know quite what to do, I called the guy I spoke with last week and left him a message just asking about the status on the job and didn't hear anything back from him. So, here I am, back in limbo.

Jamie told the other guys she works with that I didn't have a clue what was going on and they all started to feel bad for sending it around. Of course they certainly don't need to, it doesn't harm me at all. Jamie tried to tell one of the guys that I really don't care, and he said "bless her sweet heart" I think it's funny that I get the pity from all these guys that don't know me at all. I also think it's great that no matter where I apply in the church, Jamie will ALWAYS know before I do what they've decided, even if they haven't really decided anything. :) It's good to have friends in high places.

I think of all the times I've had my "sweet heart" blessed this is my favorite. Gramma Huggie blesses my sweet heart all the time, and I love that too - but there's just something about having a stranger bless my heart....I think it's good for a person to have their heart blessed by a stranger, and because of that, I now vow to start blessing strangers' sweet hearts on a regular basis...here's hopin' I don't get arrested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |