Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hope

On Sunday we had a lesson in Sunday School that somehow brought up the concept/definition of hope. After a bunch of definitions, some nice lady behind me said she once heard that 'hope' is 'desire coupled with full expectation'. Not sure why, but I really like that definition. Hope is one of those words I use all the time without really stopping to think about what it means.

"I hope I get a million dollars."
"I hope I get this job." (Still no interview scheduled, stay tuned for future news.)
"I hope my husband doesn't die in a car accident."
"I hope my spaghetti sauce turns out yummy."
"I hope my best is good enough."

But the more I think about it, the more I love the word. I hope for a great future, I hope for good news from family members, I hope the 2nd coming is a great time for me, I still hope I get this job and that I don't burn the spaghetti. Now it means more, full expectation is powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |