Thursday, November 26, 2009

Things I've never been grateful for

This year I'm thankful for a whole bunch of things I'd never really been thankful for before.

So this year's gratitude list is not the things I'm most thankful for, or the profound stuff, it's the new stuff.

Bathrobes to keep me warm in the middle of the night.
That the alarm clock has an "off" switch. I've never used it until now.
Thomas. Tommy. Tom. Little One. Babe. Sweetheart. Handsome. My little man. Sweets.
My body. I've never been a big fan until now.
Living in baby central.
Hand sanitizer.
Formula. Even though it stinks and is sticky.
Josh's natural fathering abilities. This might be cheating because I've always loved that about Josh, but I never really knew just how good a dad he was until now. So it's expanded....that counts as "new" right?
3 sets of grandparents for my little one.
Visiting teachers. (Hi Nikki! Invite me to your blog, OK?)
HGTV.
Dr. Man, Hospitals, modern medicine.
Nutrimirror.
The ability to broadcast my baby's screams through the whole house. (aka baby monitors)
That little button that releases the straps in the carseat.
Tennis shoes.

6 comments:

  1. Nose suction thingy?

    Just wondering if you forgot that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a nutrimirror?

    I am thankful for a good bra. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounded weird and creepy, I'm just adding my thankful thing to your list because I am too lazy to blog. I shudder to think what I would do without a good bra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy - blue bulb of death was NOT an oversight. I'm not thankful for it. I hate it. But I am thankful that Josh uses it so I don't have to....maybe that counts.

    Emily - Not creepy. I'm thankful for a good bra too, I just always knew that. It's not new. :) And Nutrimirror is a website that analyzes your food for you for free. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving!

    P.S. I loved Emily's comments. Too funny. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food analyzer, cool! I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Share |