Wednesday, August 3, 2011

On Your Left

Last summer I had the phrase "on your left" shouted at me at least 9 million times. That's because that's what speedy hardcore spandex-wearin' bikers say so they don't have to run over you when they pass you on the trail. I've been thinking.... The world would be a better place if people could shout "on your left" on the freeway and the drivers being passed waved and said "thanks" as the speedy hardcore spandex-wearers passed them. 


This summer it is the phrase that I can picture Dr. Man & every "be a good pregnant lady" Lady shouting at me as I lay on Tommy's bed (on my right side) watching him play. I worry that NBE has something horrible happening to him because I'm not on my left, as I so clearly should be.

Eh well, maybe next summer.

1 comment:

  1. There's this neat trail by my house I've been taking my crazy kid and puppy for walks on and there are so many bicyclists all the time so I know what you mean by hardcore spandex-wearin' bikers yelling that on their way by. The first time it happened I didn't realize I was walking down the middle and I didn't even hear the girl coming and she yelled it and I just about jumped out of my skin!

    ReplyDelete

Share |