Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hawaii babies

I've never been to Hawaii, but I can only assume that they have wide babies over there. The evidence (onesies the grandmother's have brought home from trips there) speaks for itself, but this is my blog and I'm probably not gonna leave it at that.

This is a onesie from Hawaii (you can tell by how it says "Hawaii" on it). Size 12 months. I took this picture yesterday. Tommy is 17.5 months. The length of the onesie is close to right for him, but the width? See those tiny baby shoulders? Me too. All day long I saw them.


This is Tommy in a 12 month onesie from Utah. The sleeves come up to his elbows and getting it on over his head is a bit of a battle, but I love it so much I haven't put it away yet. See those tiny baby shoulders? Me neither.

So I find myself wondering, do Hawaiians just like their babies in looser clothing? Is this a fashion statement? Or are their babies really wider? Is there a Hawaii baby-child out there whose shoulders are truly that broad, and how did his mother survive childbirth? It seems to me that the only way to find out would be to visit Hawaii and examine all their babies. A job I'm willing to take.

As an added bonus for listening my rant, you get to see my non-Hawaiian baby open his mouth to show where the carrots go. 


You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. you definitely need to go to Hawaii to conduct this study.

    Also, next time Tommy opens his mouth like that, I'm just gonna pop a little carrot in there. What a cute eater!

    ReplyDelete

Share |