Wednesday, April 25, 2007

AA Day

You know those moments in your life when you feel truly appreciated? For me they seem to be few and far between - except at work. Most days I really feel like my boss's appreciate my hard work and they do all they can to show it - most days. Today was one of those days. I was sitting at my desk working on a couple of projects and had papers all over my desk, and Sean and Gabe (the real estate agents I work for) walk in, followed by Kim and Sean is singing "happy administrative assistants day to you!" and I thought I was gonna die laughing. It turns out that today is what used to be secretary's day and so they were showing their appreciation with a hydrangia plant and a $50 gift certificate for me and Josh to Red Iguana. How nice is that? Way! So, we decided that since "administrative assistants" is too long for the Happy Birthday song, we'll just call it AA day. I'm an office AAer! :) I love my job today.

Kim and I also talked a little bit about having me do some of the accounting work that she's been doing, which is pretty exciting to me. She didn't want to force me into it because she feels like she got forced into it, but I am more excited about it than she was, so that's cool. She's going to have me do closes and other important "double checking" things, and she feels good about that because she thinks that I have "the general knowledge and ability to think" that it requires. Yay for me! I have knowledge. Today I feel like my job is very important to me and it helps me feel like I am a capable and useful human being. That is a really great feeling for me - there are far too many days when I don't see any good reason for me to be around, but days when I feel "irreplacable" do my heart good. (How's that for an old person phrase?)

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I'm glad your bosses made you feel smart and capable and appreciated! You deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete

Share |