Friday, July 4, 2008

That horrible face of regret

This morning I had to fill up my gas tank on the way to work. It's something I really hate doing, but I guess I can't really complain since I only do it like once a month (yes really. I only ever drive to work and Josh drives us everywhere else). When I pulled up to the pump at the Maverik on the corner, I took the only available spot.

Through the pump from me was a nice happy girl who drove an older little Mazda. She stood next to her car watching the pump with a small smile on her face. She was kinda shaking her head to what looked like the beat of the song she was singing to herself. Completely at ease and ready for a good day.

Across the aisle from me was a man who drove some ridiculously large truck. He looked like he was one of those people who looks a lot older than he really is. He had his arms folded up on the bed of his truck, with his chin resting on them. He wore no size of a smile and his head DID NOT beat to any song. He definitely did not look ready for his day. In fact he looked like he was on his way to his own funeral.

This was the poster man for a "gas prices got you down?" commercial. I'm not sure what exactly to advertise with that line - a car, a vacation, a money saving venture. But it certainly needs to be done. And Mr. F-350 will be the star of that commercial. You could see the look in his eyes "I should've listened to my wife when she said I didn't need one THAT big".....yes, maybe it's a commercial for listening to your wife - there aren't enough of those.

So, to Mr. F-350, while I don't fully understand how much it hurts you to fork over $150 just to drive that beast around, I certainly can feel bad for you. But, next time, listen to your wife and spring for the Mazda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |