Friday, September 20, 2013

When it rains....


Well we live in Utah, which I'm told is a dessert. So when it rains we go out to play!

My favorite thing about this was when I posted this photo and my next door neighbor's adult son (expecting his first baby! a girl!) Kade commented saying that he played in this exact same pool when he was this age. Something about this "pool" caused by the horrible sidewalks of Pleasant Grove city has been here for 20 years and being enjoyed for that long makes me so so happy.


John couldn't stand to be inside, but cried every time he got wet. So I stuck him in the stroller to keep his feet dry and handed the kid an umbrella.


.....which quickly became the coolest toy in the yard.


And with no umbrella to play with, Little John discovered the joy of the pool.



In truth this storm was CRAZY. Crazy crazy. Lightening, thunder, floods all over the neighborhood, trees torn out of the ground. It was nuts. But once it calmed down a bit we went out to enjoy. 

The next day (Sunday) I went into the massage room so I could grab something out of the storage closet in there, and found this


Turns out while I was feeling bad for all the people affected by the storm, our basement was flooded and mudded. This is nearly 24 hours later. Josh and I mopped up the mud and water and moved on - reminding ourselves again how glad we are to be renting here. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I didn't know your house flooded. Is everything okay? I love your family loving the rain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love playing in the rain. Your boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rain is my favorite! I definitely don't enjoy it the way your family does often enough!

    ReplyDelete

Share |