Friday, May 6, 2011

Perspective: A Potty Story

The "proud mommy" version: Tommy stopped eating his lunch and walked up to me, signed (and said) Poooo stinky!!! So I planted his naked butt on the potty and do you know what he did? He pooped. Then he clapped for himself, signed "all done". My baby is a genius. A genius who just potty trained himself.

The "long day" version: Tommy stopped eating his lunch and walked up to me, signed (and said) Poooo stinky!!! So I planted his naked butt on the potty and he grunted and groaned and wiggled and squirmed. He signed all done and tried to get down by himself. I planted his butt on the potty at least 4 more times, tried to distract him by pointing at all the babies in the magazine and made my best poop-face and finally after loads of convincing, he pooped. Then he clapped for himself, signed "all done" and let me get him down. After wiping, I started to put the potty away and he ran out into the hallway and immediately peed all over the carpet and came back to the bathroom giggling. So I tackled him, diapered him, and gave him a treat with the rest of his lunch.

Either way I'm calling it a success.

3 comments:

Share |