Sunday, July 5, 2009

The nose.

I'm not sure why I thought I'd even come close to approaching the end of the list of things to worry about with Baby Thomas's arrival, but for some reason I did. I thought I'd exhausted my ability to be concerned for his well being and I thought I'd worried about every horrible thing that could possibly happen to my child.
Fortunately my mom is around to remind me of the things I've forgotten about.
This weekend while sitting around talking, she started wondering outloud about what Baby Thomas and Baby Taege, (spelling on that guys?) my brother's baby, will look like. It was all fun and games until she started to wonder "whose nose he will get?" 
I looked at Josh, and looked at me (in my head...) and started to panic. 
You know I'm all about the compromise but if he gets the round of my nose, on the tip of the point of Josh's nose....well that's worse than lose-lose.
Allow me to illustrate.
This is what Josh & I look like - please note the very different nose shapes.

I'm just a little concerned that our baby might turn out like this:



My mom said they'd love him anyway - plus it would be easy to name him.....

Secretly I hope the internet is smarter than my mom on this one (pffftttt....like that is even possible). Because this isn't nearly as bad.


Plus Thomas is a much cuter name than Cyrano, don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. Hey, if he does turn our with a nose like Cyrano maybe it will be his destiny to be a good writerr, eh? Then one day he could use his writing skills to woo his cousin, ew, wait. You shouldn't do that these days... Good luck little buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, you got the spelling right. And Thomas probably won't end up with a Cyranose and mom is right--even if he does, we'll all love him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll love him, for sure. It will be fun to compare this picture to the real thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made my night! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure he will be the cutest baby ever - even cuter than the internet guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, he's cute with a very normal nose in the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Share |