Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Stewart Falls

My cool brother and his family (wife and 3 kids) are visiting from Seattle this week, so it's been a non-boring week, family-wise. There's been stuff going on it seems like every day.

Saturday we decided to go on a hike, and Stewart Falls was the destination. Places like this are why I love living in Utah. The places that I know like this make me happier than anywhere else on the planet, but I don't know that many of them. And I don't know ANY of them in Davis county - which is my current goal. Find more pretty places like this closer to me.


As we started up the trail, the Fugal boys reminded us that we all need to hold hands, so Big Josh (I love having a big Josh and a little Josh) grabbed Danny's hand, who grabbed Garret, who grabbed Little Josh. With my parents up in the distance, I think it's a cute picture. I think my favorite part of this picture though, is big Josh in a hick hat. How cute is he?!


Anna was working really hard at riding on Emily's back, so halfway through she konked (I'm not sure how you're really supposed to spell that word...) out. She's a doll.


I wanted an excuse to stop and catch my breath, so I made everyone sit in the shade for a group picture. This is my really cool family who was happy for me to take their picture. :) Well....sorta.


This is a picture I love because poor (little) Josh is bored out of his mind.
When we got to the top of the falls, it was BEAUTIFUL. It was such a hot day and the cool clear water felt so good! And as always at the base of a waterfall, the mist sprayed, which wasn't enough for me. So, under the waterfall I went! First my dad went in, and he got way wet, then Josh went in, then I caught up and went in. Then I made Josh kiss me under the water fall, which of course was incredibly romantic. Unfortunately my camera batteries died during the earlier photo shoot, so I have to wait to post pictures of the best part until I get copies of Emily's pictures.
What a great hike! I highly recommend it - it's probably only 4 miles round trip, and easy enough that the little boys even walked most of the way. And when you finally get there, it's truly breathtaking. If you're looking for a quick hike, this is the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |