Tuesday, July 15, 2008

No such thing as too big

My dad doesn't get small. I mean that in the "he doesn't understand" way. One time my mom wanted a cute little wishing well. She got an structure as big as my kitchen.

So, it's no surprise that when my dad decided he wanted to build a swingset - my mom kindof gasped. When they found out that they'd need a forklift to lift the steel beams, you'd probably think that he would maybe reconsider or downsize a little bit. Nope. Not my dad. He found someone with a forklift he could borrow.

Dad and my brothers spend the better part of a day or 2 welding this thing together, and here is the finished product.


Since photos kindof warp the size of things, I want to point out a few things:
  1. There is a tree right by the far end of the swingset (left of the picture) is a full grown apple tree. Use that as a comparison.
  2. The child in the swing is Daniel - he's 4 years old, and he's about as tall as a 4 year old.
  3. See those cross beams about 1/3 of the way to the top? I have to reach my hands up to reach it.

In short? It's a big dang swingset. My dad is just plain cool. That's all there is to it.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Where do they live at?? How cool would that be to have a swingset like that! I CAN COMMENT! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That swing set rocks! Just a note, in the picture, it is actually Josh, who is 6 years old. Which just goes to show, that even to those of us who have seen it, the size is too big to fully comprehend and believe! It is just HUGE! :) When Spencer was swinging on it, we think he got about 15 feet off of the ground. Now that, is a cool picture, you will have to see.

    ReplyDelete

Share |