Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fabulous family

Some days I seriosuly love my family. Seriously, undeniably, I think I have the world's greatest family.

During the flight home from Alaska I suddenly realized what it means to be unemployed. And I remembered that I have nothing to do all day. So, I thought of all the people I know who stay home during the day, and tried to figure out what they do. My sisters have a bunch of babies at home - so that's what they do. My mom now has a day job (outside of the home) for the first time in her life, so that's what she does all day. Then I thought about my incredible mother-in-law. She babysits her neice and nephews, cooks, cleans, exercises, feed people in the ward meals, goes to the temple once a week, and in her spare time she scrapbooks and does ceramics.

To be honest, all of that sounded exhausting, so I opted for exercising (just enough to make me tired), cooking (just enough so we don't starve), cleaning (just enough so the health department doesn't condemn my house), and taking a much needed trip to the temple. I timidly asked if I could join her on her weekly temple trip, and of course she welcomed me with open arms. So, my day started in the best way possible.

I seriously think I have the world's greatest mother-in-law. She's cool, and easy to get along with, easy to talk to, fun to be around, spiritual - but not crazy, and a fantastic example. After the temple, we talked for a while, she gave me some stuff I've wished I had forever (she's the queen of perfect gifts) and enjoyed each other's company.

After such a great morning with her, I headed to Katy's house to tag a long with her, Sarah, and their kids at the Kangaroo Zoo. Man those kids are CUTE! The Kangaroo Zoo is a fantastic place. And if you're just watching your kids, it's FREE. Yes, that's right, FREE. We had a fabulous time and I once again remembered why I love living by my family.

So, I didn't get home until later than normal, but I had a great time and a beautiful day. So far, this weeks just proves that unemployment ROCKS!

As a side note, I'm still looking for jobs, I have some promising prospects, but no offers yet....keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |