Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Just like mom

We’ve now lived in our house for 2 months, and for the first time I finally made it over to the clubhouse. I was excited to have a clubhouse, but just haven’t made the time to go and use it.

Maybe it’s because on Sunday my mom told me she joined a gym, which makes her cooler than me, but I decided that Monday was the day I would run over and check it out. I figured that it’s maybe half a mile away (I watched the odometer when we drove by one day) which means I’d jog a mile (counting both ways) and go do a bike machine or something while I was there.

As it turns out, it was kinda cold and I didn’t feel like taking the real roads, so I cut across the common area and between people’s houses and in reality probably walked 1/10 of a mile to get there instead. BUT, I got there and did the treadmill for a mile and half, and biked for almost 2 miles. I know it’s silly, but I’m kinda proud of myself for doing it. AND it wasn’t hard because there is a big nice TV there, so I can just watch something and before I know it, I’ve gone a lot farther than I thought I would! So, tonight the plan is to walk while I watch American Idol, and hopefully I’ll get addicted to this routine. Who knows, I’ve been addicted to crazier things.

I hereby resolve to use my beautiful clubhouse at least 3 more times this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |